Sports Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The End....for now.
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:42 pm by Rain Dawn

» NHL 2013 Season
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:36 pm by Rain Dawn

» Oscar Pistorius shoots dead girlfriend
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptySun Feb 24, 2013 10:45 pm by kimball99

» Topps Baseball Cards refuse to mention Pete Rose
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptySat Feb 16, 2013 11:34 pm by kimball99

» Pittsburgh Penguins: In the Room - Season 2 - Ep 1
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 10:11 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 6 Mikko Koivu
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:35 pm by Rain Dawn

» Shark Byte 2013 Episode 1 HD
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 9:27 pm by Rain Dawn

» WWE HoF Class of 2013
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 7:47 pm by Rain Dawn

» Becoming Wild - Ep 5 Dany Heatley
Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:42 am by kimball99

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 12 on Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:16 am

Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate

2 posters

Go down

Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate Empty Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate

Post  Rain Dawn Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 pm

After 49ers cornerback Chris Culliver stuck his foot in his mouth when asked what he’d think of having a gay teammate, some words of wisdom during this Super Bowl week came from Ravens outside linebacker Terrell Suggs.

Asked if he would have a problem with a gay teammate, Suggs answered, “Absolutely not.” Suggs then added that the rest of the team would welcome a gay teammate as well.

“We wouldn’t have a problem with it,” Suggs said. “We don’t care. Our biggest thing in the locker room is to just have fun and stay loose. We don’t really care too much about that. We’re a football team. I said it yesterday; everybody deserves a certain amount of privacy. Who cares? Whatever a person’s choice is, it’s their choice.”

Suggs said the Ravens’ locker room is a welcoming environment.

“On this team, with so many different personalities, we just accept people for who they are and we don’t really care too much about a player’s sexuality,” Suggs said. “To each their own. You know who you are, and we accept you for it.”

Statistics show that each sport will have quite a few people that are gay playing at the moment and always will. I can totally understand why they would not like to out themselves because it's brings unwarranted hate towards them. People even in this day and age are still too obsessed with how people live their lives. It would be great for a few people to take a step and say that they are gay and it's just a part of them but it shouldn't define them, but like I say I don't hold it against the ones who keep it to themselves.
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

https://sports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate Empty Re: Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate

Post  kimball99 Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:24 pm

Such a (for no good reason at all) touchy subject. The only way to ever reduce the amout of discrimination in sports with regards to homosexuality is for more of them to come out. Homosexuals did it in the 70s with the general public, had to ort of redo it in the 90s, to the point where finally it's socially acceptable, now do it in sports.

To quote Roddy Piper in one of his many academy award calibre movies "if you don't like us, get the fuck out of here, we're all here for the same reason....BITCH!"
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate Empty Re: Terrell Suggs open to gay team mate

Post  Rain Dawn Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 pm

It just shows the world we live in. Even in this day and age people are still getting persecuted. It's sad people have to hide a bit of their life due to fear of the outcome from people who quite frankly mean nothing to them. Curt Schilling can say some stupid things at times but I totally agree with his comments on this subject:

Also, I’ve never understood this ‘issue’ with gay players? Who cares? I know I played with some, their sexual orientation never had much to

— Curt Schilling (@gehrig38) February 1, 2013

To do with how they hit with RISP, or pitched in late and close situations, why the hell would what they do in the bedroom ever matter?

— Curt Schilling (@gehrig38) February 1, 2013
Rain Dawn
Rain Dawn
Admin

https://sports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  kimball99 Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:55 pm

Curt Schilling rocks, I love the guy. And he does make a very simple point here, who gives a crap. And being an athlete, or former athlete, I can tell you that discrimination runs rampant in sports, and it really does start at the very top Hopefully we do move forward on ths issue, but like any form of discrimination, there's deeper problems with someone then just randomly hating someone because of orientation.
kimball99
kimball99

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum